The MHSAA will be at the MHS Homecoming football game on Friday night, but there are lots of other things going on next week for alumni and the community to enjoy.
Here’s a look at the big events scheduled during Homecoming Week, Sept. 28 – Oct. 3:
- Monday, Sept. 28
- Dan’s Fish Fry, 5 to 8 p.m. at the MHS Cafe (enter through Door 8, on the north side of the school near the tennis courts). This is a fundraiser for the girls basketball team. Click here for more information, including prices.
- Boys tennis team hosts Lapel, 5 p.m. at the Bill Beekman Tennis Courts.
- Girls soccer team hosts Hamilton Southeastern, 6 p.m. at Dick Lootens Stadium. ($5)
Tuesday, Sept. 29
- Volleyball team hosts Tech, 6 p.m. at Bill Green Arena. ($5)
Wednesday, Sept. 30
- Boys soccer team hosts Fort Wayne South, 6 p.m. at Dick Lootens Stadium. ($5)
Thursday, Oct. 1
- Girls soccer hosts Mount Vernon, 5:30 p.m. at Dick Lootens Stadium. ($5)
Friday, Oct. 2
- MHS PTO Nelson’s Chicken fundraiser. Advanced purchase encouraged; limited number of meals may be available day-of. Pickup is 4 to 6:30 p.m. at Tree of Life parking lot, and 6 to 7 p.m. at MHS near the stadium. Click here for more information, including prices and how to order in advance.
- Homecoming carnival presented by MHS Show Choir parents organization, 5 to 7 p.m. Click here for more information.
- Homecoming football game (Marion hosts Muncie Central), 7 p.m. at Dick Lootens Stadium. ($5) Click here for more information about attending football games at MHS.
- Limited number of Giants Fight Never Die golf umbrellas will be available for purchase at the football game for $22. Fundraiser for MHS soccer programs. See a photo on Facebook here.
- Marion High School Alumni Association will be on hand … look for the tent! Come have fun with us!
- Announcement of homecoming king and queen at halftime.
- Marching Giants performance.
Saturday, Oct. 3
- Marching Giants mattress sale – get a great deal on a new mattress, and support the growing MHS band program! 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Bill Green Arena. Click here for more information.
- NCC boys and girls cross country championship, 10:30 a.m. at IWU Marion cross country course (at 50th and Harmon streets).
- One act, one night, one dollar. You don’t want to miss this! The MHS Speech and Drama Association presents the play “Selfie” at 7:30 p.m. at the Walton Performing Arts Center at MHS. Click here for more information.