Each year, tens of thousands of dollars is needed to sustain the athletics and arts programs and enhance the academic offerings at Marion Community Schools. We believe NOW is the time to act to ensure the continued success of Giants present and future. Thanks to generous donors, we have gifted more than $78,000 to MCS and their initiatives since April 2015. We have also raised more than $170,000 for endowments that will continue to benefit MCS long into the future. Will you join us?
Marion High School Alumni Association is planning a large fundraising event this fall, and more details about the event will be released closer to the event. What we can tell you now is that the event will include a silent auction, and YOU are invited to participate!
The event, set for Sept. 7, 2017, at the Gardens of Matter Park, will raise funds to provide a wide variety of opportunities to students of Marion Community Schools. We hope you will consider donating an item or items to this auction. Marion High School Alumni Association is a registered 501(c)3 organization, so all donations are tax deductible as allowed by applicable laws.
Items for the silent auction can be donated by you, your employer, or both.
Here are some ideas on our wish list:
- Designer handbags (Vera Bradley, Coach, etc.)
- Art (paintings, sculptures, etc.)
- Home / garden appliances (snowblower, lawn mower, cappuccino maker, KitchenAid mixer, Vitamix, etc.)
- Gourmet or specialty foods
- Locally or regionally made specialty items, or gift cards to shop for their own items at local/regional specialty shops
- Tech (tablets, TVs, computers, GoPro video camera, e-readers)
- A year’s subscription to Amazon Prime or Netflix
- Tickets to a sporting event, a theme park, a play, a concert, etc.
- A family season pass to the Splash House, state parks, or other area attractions
- An inflatable rental for a birthday party or other family get-together
- Sports or entertainment memorabilia (bonus – with signatures!)
- Golf clubs, a season pass to a local golf course, or pre-paid lessons with a golf pro
- Lunch delivery for 25 for your office
- Private beer or wine tasting with 10 friends
- Limo ride to and from an area winery, gift card for a favorite bottle
- Prepaid car washes, detailing service, oil changes, or mechanic work
- Monthly floral deliveries for a year
- Stylish luggage
- Gas gift cards
- A photo shoot with a local photographer
- A mural painted your house (maybe in a children’s room) by a local artist
- Music lessons (guitar, piano, singing, etc.)
- A makeover at a local salon or boutique (makeup, hair, shopping guidance)
- Sessions with a personal trainer, a set of pre-paid workout sessions, gym membership
- Co-hosting session on a local radio show or segment, or guest game commentary at big local game
- Catered tailgate party or other party planning or catering services
- Cooking lessons
- Lawn care or landscaping services, or handyman services
- Tutoring services
- Pet sitting or boarding
- Tailoring services
- Art lessons
- Painting party with 10 friends
- Spa / bath products (and related gift cards for local products or services)
- Family Night Out (gift cards for dinner for four, movies for four)
- DIY kit (anything from cooking to crafting to art, to specialty projects for kids or adults)
- Meal kit (cookbook, kitchen tools / accessories, non-perishable specialty food items, gift card to local market, etc.)
- Beer or wine assortment
- “Strike it Rich” – a variety of lottery tickets
- Mixology – variety of spirits, mixes, mixing tools, cocktail recipes
- Rainy Day kit – games, goodies, and supplies for other fun
- School spirit basket (spirit wear, Giant Passes, etc.)
- Star Wars themed gifts (or other pop culture themed gifts like Disney, NASCAR, etc.)
- Gadgets (kitchen, baking, bbq, etc.)
- “Some Like it Hot” – a variety of hot sauces, salsas, jams, spice mixes
- Eco-friendly – could be anything from a set of earth-friendly cleaning supplies, to rotating backyard compost bin and a countertop scraps bin, to a set of vegan treats and cookbooks, to reusable daily use items like glass & silicone coffee mugs or beverage bottles, stainless steel straws, stylish reusable shopping bags
In addition, please mark your calendar now and plan to attend the auction on Sept. 7, 2017, at the Gardens of Matter Park. We encourage you to bring a friend or colleague, and your checkbook!
Thank you in advance for your support of this important event. Together, we can make a difference for Marion Giants today and long into the future!
For more information, please email us at info@MHSalum.com.